Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mmnoommnnoomm FOOD FOOD FOOD!!!!!!1111


Audrey's early birthday dinner at Harvey's, a local American style fine dining I guess? Omg! the food was so delicious-ly posh yet the bill only totaled up to merely RM 800 for 5 of us Mum, Dad, Aud, Lin and I. A meal complete with fresh lobster(chef's recommendation), Foei
Gras, white cod, fresh huge oyster, tiger prawn and homemade vanilla bean ice-cream with choc brownie filled with warm fudge.



Simple dinner at this famous Thai restaurant which serves Northern Thai food, Somtam. From wikipedia:
Som tam
or Som tum (Thai: ส้มตำ, IPA: [sôm ɗam]) also known as Tam mak hoong (Lao: ຕໍາຫມາກຫຸ່ງ, Isan: ตำมักหุ่ง, IPA: ɗam mak huŋ) is a spicy salad made from shredded unripened papaya originally from Laos and Lao-settled Isan region of northeastern Thailand. Variations of the dish are found throughout Laos and Thailand, as well as in the West, where it is more commonly known by its Thai version and Thai name. A similar dish is also eaten in Cambodia, where it is known as bok l'hong. It is often served with sticky rice (Lao: ເຂົ້າໜຽວ, Thai/Isan: ข้าวเหนียว, IPA: kʰaːw nio) and gai yang (Lao: ປິງໄກ່, IPA: piŋ gɑj, Isan: ไก่ย่าง, gɑj ɲːaŋ, Thai: ไก่ย่าง, IPA: gɑj jːaŋ). It is also sometimes served over rice noodles and raw vegetables to mitigate the spiciness of the dish, or simply as a snack by itself with crispy pork rinds.
Oh oh I was practically scratching my back the whole time. Was in this stuffy taxi on the way there I guess there was where I caught the itch then I was sitting at the corner of the eating booth. The planks and the darkness made it all more itchy so scratch scratch I'd show you the big of that patch of rash I took but yea it will definitely gross you out.



Took the river ride on Chao Phraya and ended up eating at this expensive catered for tourist place. Most of the decor looks like stuff ah mo left at the restaurant. The boards and signs look very 60s pin-up girl with some quotes from wise authors. There were also rows and rows of expensive wine displayed in a glass casing. Dunno la if there are empty or unopened. The food was lousy, just for show only. Thai pineapple fried rice tasted bland with
banyak-banyak prawns, mum's rice with chicken or something tasted okay because of the gravy, the paad thai I had wasn't too bad I liked the peanutey taste of it lastly the fish cake or was it the prawn cake? Oh well I guess it wasn't all that tasty that's why I barely remember what it was. The only thing I really liked was the drinks my ice lmon tea has a different hint in it and Audrey's thai coffee is so special!

No comments: